Learn to Lead with Calm, Clarity, and Conviction in Anxious Times
What is Resilient Leadership?
Resilient Leadership is a new way of SEEING, THINKING, and LEADING that helps leaders navigate the hidden dynamics of organizations more effectively.
Resilient Leaders are able to:
- Lead with calm, clarity, and conviction in the midst of anxiety provoked by increasingly complex and accelerating change.
- Lead from their strengths, knowing how to care for themselves emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually so they can sustain their leadership efforts over time.
Powerful. Relevant. Transformative.
As a certified Resilient Leadership Facilitator and Coach, Christine integrates the wisdom from this model into Avante’s leadership development, team effectiveness, and coaching engagements. Resilient Leadership offers a fresh, insightful, and innovative understanding of how to lead in a way that is powerfully transformative.
The Foundation of Resilient Leadership
The Resilient Leadership model builds upon the natural systems theoretical work of Murray Bowen (1913-1990) as well as Edwin Friedman’s groundbreaking leadership-development concepts described in his bestselling book, “A Failure of Nerve: Leadership in the Age of the Quick Fix.”.
Today the Resilient Leadership model helps leaders understand how the “emotional system” of their organization —the unconscious, instinctual aspects of human functioning—often dictates, to a great extent, how the organization functions on the rational level. By learning to understand and recognize the emotional system within the environment, a leader can calm anxiety, clear confusion, and engage employees and teams to achieve peak performance.
Resilient Leadership offers a fresh, insightful, and innovative understanding of how to lead in a way that is powerfully transformative. The Resilient Leadership Self-Assessment provides immediate feedback and a deeper understanding of the core dimensions of the Resilient Leadership model. The Resilient Leadership 360 Report provides powerful insights into one’s professional resilience-related competencies from supervisors, colleagues, and direct reports.
“The twenty-first century truly is experiencing a paradigm shift in understanding and practicing the art of leadership, and the Resilient Leadership model represents the cutting edge of that ‘awakening’.”
– Bob Duggan & Bridgette Theurer
Authors, Resilient Leadership 2.0
Resilient Leadership Core Practices are proven to reduce anxiety and build self-differentiated leadership competencies:
- Develop a Less Anxious Presence: Embody and Communicate Inner Calm to Help Others Lower Their Anxiety
- Get on the Balcony to Observe the Emotional System from a New Perspective
- Explore Your Reactive Behaviors and Triggers
- Be Aware of the Toxicity of Triangle Relationships
- Understand Over-and-Under-Functioning
- Cultivate a Curious Mindset
- Stay Connected: Be Close Enough to Influence, Yet Distant Enough to Lead
- Lead with Conviction: Act Boldly, Take Risks, & Stand Up For Your Vision, Values, and Principles